Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Lifestyle In Campus

What do you think about campus lifestyle? For me, when I received the letter which had stated that I got an offer to further my study in University Sciences of Malaysia, Penang I was so excited bout it. I am looking for this day to come but I also had a mix feeling because this is the first time I leave my home and family members. I am worry that I can live alone by my own in Penang or not.
I do not have any relatives staying in Penang. I need to stay with someone who is a stranger to me in the hostel and mixed around with people came from different states.

When the first day I came to USM, I felt happy and upset too because I need to stay in campus and stayed far from my family. Before I came to USM, I imagine how was the hostel will looked like, is it like usually we saw in a television program? I still remember when the first time I entered my room, I feel so unhappy about it. This was because I get offered to stay in Desasiswa Bakti Permai. The room was old and so was the furniture and at that time my uncle also came together with me. He gave the comment that the room looks good I almost fainted. Ha! Ha!. It is totally different with the room that I expected. It is also totally different with the place that I stayed for 20 years.

Furthermore, most of my course mate which stayed in other hostel felt jealous with me and a few course mate stayed in Bakiti Permai. This was because there is a Chinese food stall and is a strategic hostel which is convenient for us to go to lecture hall. However, I tried to adapt myself with the lifestyle in campus especially the hostel. The life in campus is so hectic. It is totally different with what I heard from my friends. They told me that university life is full of cheerfulness and is enjoyable. There was many assignments and presentation need to rush. Whenever we have assignment we will be so stressful because have no idea what to do. But we will try to seek advise from our seniors and of course our lecturers.

Other than that, I also make with many new friends from various states such as Kuala Lumpur, Johor, Sabah and other states and also various races too. I met with people with different characters and I tried to mix around with them. Besides that, there is a transport call bus and we used it to go for lecture that is far from our hostel such “Pusat Bahasa”.

Time past so fast, now I am second year student in BATI course. I already move out from hostel. I stay with my friends in an apartment near campus. It was different from staying in hostel. We do not have to follow so many rules and the best thing is we can cook by our own when we feel want to do so.

No comments: