Sunday, September 30, 2007

Last Minute

Oh where oh where can my paper be
I’m panicking, it’s killing me
I’ve searched everywhere that I could not rest
So I think I’m gonna go really crazy…I guess

I was in my room, I was lazing around
Hunger got to me, you can hear the sound
Armed with money, I went to McD
Ordered two burgers and a value meal
I was so full, headed back to my room
Switch on my laptop and started to type
The long long lines and the boring phrase
The painful task that gives…me stress

Oh why oh why can’t I do it right?
I’ve tried my best, I cannot fight
This is what happens when you do last minute
There is no time for me to cry…it’s too late

When I woke u the rain was pouring down
My roommate’s sleeping, without a sound
My conscience struck me, oh I knew I had to work
With heavy heart and sleepy eyes
I lifted my my head, looked at the screen and screamed
Where on earth has my paper been?
I tried to search, I’m getting really pissed
The result was none, I won’t live in peace

Well now it’s gone even thought I tried to find
I lost my work, my A … that night.


My group had composed the lyrics above and we used the song names Last Kiss. We sang the song on 20 of September in front of our classmate and our Dr. had record the song that composed by every group. For my group members, we are not good in composing a song and we took few hours to compose a whole new song. This is because our previous song is not fixed with the Sexy Back song. It seems weird because our previous lyric is about our sad feeling towards our assignment and the Sexy Back song seems like a happy song! This was the comment we got from our lecturer. So we decided to change a whole thing all over again. At the end, we choose Last Kiss by Pearl Jam.

Our time was so limited and it was hard for us to find a suitable time for us to do all over again. This is because every one of us is busy with our assignments and test. However, we could make it on time and we sing it on 20 September. This song we talk about student life in university. Students like to do their work in last minute and these make them in a mess. They need to stay awake to complete the assignment. Unfortunately, they lost it in the next day include the soft and hard copies of their work. So this is the meaning we want to bring out about university life.

After all, all of my class people include our lecturer are happy and enjoy the song we had composed by each group. Although, the song we composed was not like the composer create all of us are happy and have fun together.

No comments: