Wednesday, October 10, 2007

LHP 459: English for Interpretation

In my opinion, LHP 459 course is an interesting course compare to other courses. I surely will recommend this course to my friends. This is because whenever we attend the class we will not feel tension and stress. However for me, I feel a bit tension whenever need to present in front of the class. Whenever is my turn to present, I will feel nervous. Sometimes I didn’t control my feeling well and the whole class will realize my nervousness. I also don’t know why I still act like this although I already done so many presentation before. Maybe my character is timid type so will easily feel nervous.

Back to the topic, our lecturer, Dr. Jafre is a nice and knowledgeable lecturer and he conduct this course very well. He tried to so something different from the way other courses lecturer do so that we will not feel bored and pay attention in the class. We were having fun in the class. The types of activities we did in the class was to discuss about current issues, watching an interesting movie, compose song, sing song, present forum, writing blogs and presentation about a project. We can choose anything we like to present for the project and the lyrics that we need to compose.

Although all of us were busy with other courses assignments, test and projects, luckily we also manage to handle the activities in this course. This was because most of the activities were in a group work so we had to find a suitable time to discuss. For my opinion, English for interpretation is really an interesting course and we were having fun to take this course. Besides that, I can learn my things from this course too because some of the topic we discuss in class widen my knowledge. Lastly, whoever not yet taken this course make sure you apply for this course coming next two semester.

2 comments:

Cool Mama said...

Actually, there are many ways to decrease your nervousness.But first, you must improve your confidence, then you must have enough knowledge about the subject you’ll talk about.

Talking to yourself is a good way to improve your English.Speaking while standing in front of the mirror for instance, is an effective way to build up your confidence (even though you’ll look crazy!).By doing this, you can see your own expression and if you are dissatisfied, you can easily improve it.It’s better if you repeat it for several times.

Also, make sure that your pronounciation is right and sounds clear.It doesn’t matter if you have a thick accent.The important this is that everybody understand your language.Chayok! Chayok Xiao Hui!

yati abdul said...

Monaaaaa